Spades tournament - draw now available - 6 PM CET - September Playroom World cup edition (finished)

16 messages, 1 pages:  1 ↖ Go back to topic list

Score: +4

1. Nikola,

Greetings,
after a small pause, the Playroom world cup is back! Welcome to the September tournament!

After the deciding poll, the winner was Spades with 3 players. Get ready to carefully bid the correct number of tricks.

The tournament takes place at the usual 6 PM CET timeslot. This is the last tournament with this time, the final 3 tournaments of the world cup will switch back to 3 PM CET.
Since we are playing games with 3 players, more information about the format will be given once we get the final number of participants. This may also be a tournament that can be finished in one day, depending on the format. The ideal number is 18 players, so feel free to register and invite your friends.
The tournament will start on September 30th, at 6 PM central European time. If you are not sure what time this is in your country, either ask me, or visit this link.

We will play the standard variant of Spades, with a score limit of 400 points in the first round, 450 if there is a second one, and 500 in the final game of the tournament.

The registration will, as expected, close on Thursday, 28th of September.

Once again a reminder, to register, write a message in this topic and mention the country you are coming from, either here or privately to me. If you have registered in the past, there is no need to mention your country, since it will be the same as the last time. As a reminder, we will try to accept registrations in such a way as to not have a huge amount of players from one country compared to all the others, so make sure to register quickly. Players who register first from a given country always have the priority, in case that country receives a large number of registered players. Due to the limited number of players, this is typically two players at most per one country.

Looking forward to your registrations and a fun tournament!

Draw

Game 1:

1. Duchess,
  2. black.cat,
  3. RoyMunson

Game 2:

1. M_A_G_A,
  2. aayushi,
  3. golden

Game 3:

1. prabhu,
  2. cristina,
  3. GodSaveTheQueen

Game 4:

1. esialb97,
  2. bleced,
  3. Angelina-princess

Score: +1

Last edited by Nikola, Sep 28 2023 17:19:20

2. blaise97,

hello,
you can count me in of course, thanks.

Score: +0

3. Ryo-Bee,

Finally something normal, count me Edit: oops, just realized I won't be around that day.

Last edited by Ryo-Bee, Sep 16 2023 01:30:00

4. bleced,

count me

5. M_A_G_A,

I will be available and please count me from United States.

6. golden,

hello, count me in, thanks

7. prabhu,

i will play from india

8. black.cat,

hello count me I am from south Africa thanks

9. unolover,

I will play from Canada

10. Duchess,

Sounds like fun. Count me in.

11. Angelina-princess,

I'm in! just hope my group would be available to play earlier a bit, lol.

12. RoyMunson,

sound's good, playing for canada

13. GodSaveTheQueen,

Count me in

14. aayushi,

I am in from India.

15. cristina ,

Hello, please count me in.

16. Nikola,

Hello all,
thank you very much for registering for this tournament!

This time, we received 12 registrations, which is a decent number for this format.

In our first, quarter final round, 3 people will play on 4 tables, with a score limit of 400 points.
2 best scorers will advance from each table, leaving us with 8, plus 1 lucky loser, or in this case, the loser achieving the highest score out of all the others.
9 people will then play a semifinal round on 3 tables up to 450 points, finally leaving us with 3 finalists, who will play their final match up to 500 points.

And now, what you've all been waiting for, here is the draw: Note: The first person on the list will be the table master.
Game 1:

1. Duchess,
  2. black.cat,
  3. RoyMunson

Game 2:

1. M_A_G_A,
  2. aayushi,
  3. golden

Game 3:

1. prabhu,
  2. cristina,
  3. GodSaveTheQueen