Problem on the web client

3 messages, 1 pages:  1 ↖ Go back to topic list

Score: +0

1. Emerald,

Hi all,
Not sure if it’s just me but has anyone else had issues on the web client? It crashes a lot and when I’m reading something such as a post or chat in the free tables, and something new happens I cannot read that post or chat. For example, say you’re in the free table and you’re reading one message, if the table goes wild and sends you many messages the voice over will stop reading that message and go to the latest one. The only time i can catch up is if the table goes quiet for a few moments. It will not wait until the message has finished that I’m getting the new ones.
When I’m playing fast paste games like ducks, as soon as one takes their turn, it don’t matter that it was reading my previous turn. Typically in the past if i was in a game, it would read out the whole sentence and noises will play in the background or free table messages were going one at a time. I end up missing a lot of chat that happens in between turns because voice over decides I must know only the latest move or speach.
Am I the only one or is it my settings?
When it crashes i have no warning. The web just doesn’t respond and I just get the time display. The only way I manage to reconnect is if I get out of the Safari app on my phone and close it completely. Only when i reopen the app I am reconnected.
Thanks for reading. Hope you can advise soon

Score: +1

2. Nikola,

Hello,
have you updated to iOS 17.4?
Unfortunately, the message reading problem is an iOS bug that was introduced in this release. The latest message is always read, no matter what. It's extremely annoying, but unfortunately, as far as I have tested, nothing can be done.

The only alternative solution is to use a system voice, but this is going to be annoying as well.
Basically, in options, audio, you can switch the speech mode from screen reader to speech synthesis.
In this case, your system's TTS will be used to read incoming messages instead of VoiceOver. The drawbacks will be:

• You will need to manually configure the voice, the speech rate, volume, pitch, etc… The options for that are available below the speech mode option, if you set it to speech synthesis
  • You have no way to make that voice shut up if you don't have a keyboard, it will speak as long as there are messages to read. With a keyboard, you can use ctrl to silence it.
  • Apparently, as far as I have tried, on Safari iOS, it seems to be necessary to go to the options menu and configure the voice each time you connect. To be exact, entering and leaving the list of voices is enough, but if you don't do that, the web client seems to be silent.

The bad news are that the message reading problem is not fixed even in iOS 17.5, at least not in the first beta. Hopefully the later betas will resolve it.

About the crashing, I haven't experienced it, maybe someone else will have an idea.

Score: +2

3. Emerald,

Sigh ok thanks. So basically got to wait until apple fixes this.

Score: +0

3 messages, 1 pages:  1 ↖ Go back to topic list

Answer to topic

You must be connected in order to be allowed to post

Lost password ? Create account