Playroom client 3.0 beta

353 messages, 12 pages:  1; 5 67 8 9; 12 ↖ Go back to topic list

Score: +5

181. sukil,

You can also copy the history by pressing shift+h and selecting the appropriate option from the list.

Score: +1

182. Emrah20,

Yeah, or send a history report. Finally, I have found It.
Big thanks to You.
Marco

183. Aminiel,

Hello,

Beta version has been updated !

184. Nikola,

Hi,
the ability to undo moves in Chess is very useful, but I think that this should either be possible only with bots, or in a game with humans you should ask the other player to agree first. Right now, it's possible to undo any move only because you are the table master, even your opponent's moves.
Otherwise the update seems to be working without major problems so far.

185. YNWA,

Not had time to check it out yet but I thought the idea was to practice with bots. I know if I was playing a game and someone went back 5 moves in a game without telling me I would be furious!

GO ERROR (1)

Go is played with 2 players only.
Baby duck has joined the table.
Choose difficulty level:
Choose goban size:
The game is starting.
It's your turn.
You play in E10.
It's Baby duck's turn.
Baby duck plays in D4.
It's your turn.
You play in G12.
It's Baby duck's turn.
Baby duck plays in P16.
It's your turn.
You play in H10.
It's Baby duck's turn.
Baby duck plays in P4.
It's your turn.
You play in F8.
It's Baby duck's turn.
Baby duck plays in L17.
It's your turn.
You play in C8.
It's Baby duck's turn.
Baby duck plays in H16.
It's your turn.
You play in C11.
It's Baby duck's turn.
Baby duck plays in F16.
It's your turn.
You play in I13.
It's Baby duck's turn.
GNU Go error: play black I13 failed: invalid color or coordinate
Error #3939 ! Si le problème persiste, veuillez quitter cette table et en recréer une nouvelle / If the problem keeps happening, please leave this table and recreate a new one

Glad Go is done in Gammon style.

GO ERROR (2)

As both errors are different I will add second game here.

the same level: (middle for both games)
Choose goban size: (19/19 for both games)
The game is starting.
It's your turn.
You play in E8.
It's James bond's turn.
James bond plays in Q17.
It's your turn.
You play in H7.
It's James bond's turn.
James bond plays in Q3.
It's your turn.
You play in C9.
It's James bond's turn.
James bond plays in C17.
It's your turn.
You play in A7.
It's James bond's turn.
James bond plays in D15.
It's your turn.
You play in D4.
It's James bond's turn.
James bond plays in F3.
It's your turn.
You play in E3.
It's James bond's turn.
James bond plays in H3.
It's your turn.
You play in F4.
It's James bond's turn.
James bond plays in K3.
It's your turn.
You play in F2.
It's James bond's turn.
James bond plays in D13.
It's your turn.
Stone in F3 is captured.
You play in G3.
It's James bond's turn.
James bond plays in H4.
It's your turn.
You play in I3.
It's James bond's turn.
James bond plays in H2.
It's your turn.
You play in H1.
It's James bond's turn.
James bond plays in I4.
It's your turn.
You play in H5.
It's James bond's turn.
James bond plays in G1.
It's your turn.
You play in G4.
It's James bond's turn.
James bond plays in L7.
It's your turn.
You play in J4.
It's James bond's turn.
James bond plays in K4.
It's your turn.
You play in I5.
It's James bond's turn.
James bond plays in J3.
It's your turn.
You play in J5.
It's James bond's turn.
James bond plays in L9.
It's your turn.
You play in G5.
It's James bond's turn.
James bond plays in O8.
It's your turn.
You play in G2.
It's James bond's turn.
Stone in H1 is captured.
James bond plays in I1.
It's your turn.
You play in F1.
It's James bond's turn.
James bond plays in K13.
It's your turn.
You play in K5.
It's James bond's turn.
James bond plays in L5.
It's your turn.
You play in L4.
It's James bond's turn.
James bond plays in M4.
It's your turn.
You play in L3.
It's James bond's turn.
James bond plays in M3.
It's your turn.
You play in L2.
It's James bond's turn.
James bond plays in K2.
It's your turn.
You play in J2.
It's James bond's turn.
Stone in I3 is captured.
James bond plays in I2.
It's your turn.
You play in J1.
It's James bond's turn.
James bond plays in M16.
It's your turn.
You play in L1.
It's James bond's turn.
Stones in J2 and J1 are captured.
James bond plays in K1.
It's your turn.
This intersection is already occupied.
You play in J1.
It's James bond's turn.
James bond plays in P13.
It's your turn.
Playing at that point would be ( delete a) suicide.
You play in M1.
It's James bond's turn.
James bond plays in M5.
It's your turn.
You play in M2.
It's James bond's turn.
James bond plays in J17.
It's your turn.
You play in N2.
It's James bond's turn.
James bond plays in O2.
It's your turn.
You play in N3.
It's James bond's turn.
James bond plays in O3.
It's your turn.
You play in N4.
It's James bond's turn.
James bond plays in O5.
It's your turn.
You play in N5.
It's James bond's turn.
James bond plays in N6.
It's your turn.
You play in N7.
It's James bond's turn.
James bond plays in M7.
It's your turn.
You play in K7.
It's James bond's turn.
James bond plays in G13.
It's your turn.
You play in K6.
It's James bond's turn.
James bond plays in I10.
It's your turn.
You play in K8.
It's James bond's turn.
James bond plays in Q10.
It's your turn.
You play in L8.
It's James bond's turn.
James bond plays in N8.
It's your turn.
You play in M8.
It's James bond's turn.
Stone in N7 is captured.
James bond plays in O7.
It's your turn.
You play in M9.
It's James bond's turn.
James bond plays in L10.
It's your turn.
You play in M10.
It's James bond's turn.
GNU Go error: play black M10 failed: illegal move
Error #3939 ! Si le problème persiste, veuillez quitter cette table et en recréer une nouvelle / If the problem keeps happening, please leave this table and recreate a new one

Last edited by YNWA, May 22 2021 21:45:34

186. Aminiel,

Hello,

the ability to undo moves in Chess is very useful, but I think that this should either be possible only with bots, or in a game with humans you should
ask the other player to agree first. Right now, it's possible to undo any move only because you are the table master, even your opponent's moves.

IN the next server update, the only player allowed to undo is the one who made the move. I think it's the simplest and the less potentially conflictual. What do you think ?

Of course, it won't change anything for bots, for which moves will always be undoable.

Can some of the Reversi engines be replaced with open source engines such as Ntest, Edax, etc?
Current engines appear to be reasonably strong when "Allow moves that don't capture any piece" is turned on.
But if I don't turn it on, this engine has the poor performance such as putting stones on the C-square and X-square without any contrast. This is true
of any difficulty.

Why not, maybe later on.
However, note that capture is always mandatory in official/international reversi rules, so these engines won't work either with mandatory capture disabled. Passing if you can play is neither allowed.
These are playroom extentions to allow for easier play.

There is a strange thing in Reversy. Ofcourse, ssounding of tokens is good idea, but It'll be also good to add a selection sound, because I don't know,
if token is selected, althought I pressed enter key.

There is no selection in reversi like there is in chess. You can never play on an occupied square, and you can't move any piece.
This is also the case in Go.

187. Nikola,

Hello,
yes, while writing my post I also thought about only being able to undo your own moves.
I believe this is a good idea too, I have only one concern here. A game possibly won't be counted in statistics only because your opponent made a mistake and wanted to undo it, while you never had a say on the matter. However, since I have wanted an undo feature for a very long time, this is personally a fine compromise to me.

Also a small note regarding Chess since you are fixing some long standing issues, if you could fix the abandon feature so your opponent does not have to accept the request, that would be great, and also so it displays the correct winner. For example, if white abandons the game and the request is accepted, it will display that the white won, but fortunately statistics count this correctly. I'm sorry since this isn't really related to the beta, but it's a small request that has been mentioned before and since we are discussing Chess, I wanted to avoid a topic for such a small problem.

Thanks.

188. Rincewind ,

Hi. If it's possible it would be much better if the opponent has a say in a player changing their moves. That can be misused, and every time a mistake is made by the opponent they can use the feature. This would make the game unfair. It should depend on the player which move they allow the opponent to take back. That is also unfair on the player who thinks of a good move.
Of course, all this applies if it's possible to do so.

Thanks

189. LiteraryProgrammer,

Hello, IN monopoly, please also tell the auction duration set; so, one can make its mind acordingly. Currently, it tells only whether auction is enabled. Nest

190. spaceship,

In chess websites, One has the option to request takeback and the other player has to accept in order for the move to be undone. This is the most professional and fair way to do takebacks.

191. slann-tonic,

I would love it if there was a bingo game in play room for future updates. what do you think?

Score: +0

192. YNWA,

New game suggestions should not be posted here. Bingo is not exciting enough, prefer to watch paint dry. However, if you add a maths element as one of my teachers did it would add more interest.

First number called :

5 3s... (you look for 15 of course)

second number called:

7 8s... etc.

If you don't know your tables quick enough you would struggle. I do have to say it ensured we really knew our times tables.

193. breaker,

Hi, there is very big bug. İf I stop m3u8 live stream or radio stream, other still can hear it. İf they don't press control P, it's never stopping

194. Fawaz,

how you can stop the stream for others? unless if you removed the link then others can hear it that would be a bug indeed. otherwise - as far as I know -, only themselves can stop the stream.

195. Aminiel,

Hello,

This isn't a bug. Normally, everyone can play and stop the stream as he/she like as long as it isn't removed or replaced by another stream.

196. Emrah20,

Hello.
I have found another bug in scientific war. Key r doesn't report, if game order is reversed, or normal. Please, could You fix It?
Thank You.

197. Nikola,

Hello,
this also isn't a feature of the beta, but in Scientific war, use the E key instead of R.
If it says only the number of cards owned and nothing else, then the order is standard. If the order is reversed, it will tell you.

198. breaker,

Just suggesting. When we leave from the table, sound of radio can be fade. Also, why I can't sent topic on the forum? It says error.

199. spaceship,

Hi. would it be possible to add a feature to pause the stream and resume it from the timestamp where it stopped? Currently, if you are listening to an audio file, and you press ctrl p, it stops, and doing the same again results in the stream playing for the second time right from the beginning.

200. pax1,

Hi, I found an error playing go with bots.

201. Aminiel,

You can stop reporting errors with bots in Go until the next update. I have enough information for the moment.

202. Aminiel,

Hello,

The beta version has been updated !

203. Nikola,

Hi,
major problem, but only happening with some languages.
Switch your language to Spanish or Italian, then restart the client.
I get the following errors, exactly in this order:

QCGCWX30 dialog Unhandled unknown exception; terminating the application.

wxWidgets Debug Alert dialog ../../src/msw/dde.cpp(166): assert "wxDDEServerObjects.empty() & wxDDEClientObjects.empty()" failed in wxDDECleanUp(): all DDE objects should be deleted by now
Do you want to stop the program?
You can also choose [Cancel] to suppress further warnings.

For any user unable to use the beta currently, you can temporarily resolve the problem by deleting the file related to your language.
So for example, in the case of Spanish, open the lang directory and delete the file "client_es.tm"
now you can log in and switch the language temporarily to English until the problem is resolved which I assume will be soon.

204. Emrah20,

This is true, I have checked It too. So, We must after that delete config.ini and run Playroom again to create another config.ini file and language is back set to English.

205. Rayo.bgtr ,

right, we in the Spanish and Italian areas should be in the English area until this problem is fixed? Or there is a solution.
Thanks

206. YNWA,

It looks like the go bugs have been fixed, so thanks for that.

207. Aminiel,

For spanish and italian users, for the moment you need to start in the English zone, but you can switch to spanish or italian by pressing Shift+F3 just after connection.

Of course I hope to fix this problem soon.

208. Aminiel,

For all those who have problems with language, you can try to download again. Version 2.99.41.1 should solve the problem.

209. James_Ketchup ,

Hi, I'm not sure if my laptop is the issue but ever since go was introduced, I haven't been able to play it with bots. I always get this error.
GNU Go error: -9. Error #3939 ! Si le problème persiste, veuillez quitter cette table et en recréer une nouvelle / If the problem keeps happening, please leave this table and recreate a new one
I let it fully download and everything so not sure what the problem could be. It's the same for chess

210. LiteraryProgrammer,

Hello, today I observed a strange bug. There did come an exception that I couldn't make record of. However, I can describe you the situation.
I was playing 1000 miles without bots; the table was a saved one. While I was playint my tern, there appeared a dialog with a retry button. I pressed it and the application closed.
When I restarted the application, I was in the main room, and was out of my table. I was the table master, yet my friend remained in the table.

353 messages, 12 pages:  1; 5 67 8 9; 12 ↖ Go back to topic list

Answer to topic

You must be connected in order to be allowed to post

Lost password ? Create account