Playroom client 3.0 beta

353 messages, 12 pages:  1; 6 78 9 10; 12 ↖ Go back to topic list

Score: +5

211. Nikola,

Hi,
yes, this error can sometimes happen in 1000 miles.
I am not completely sure, but I believe this happens when you have some lag, and you press enter twice too quickly in order to junk a card, but the junk a card confirmation didn't open yet, and thus you cause two menus to open by mistake.
I can't consistently reproduce it, but if you play 1000 miles too quickly pressing enter you may be able to see it.

Anyway when this does happen, press ignore instead of retry and you won't leave the entire Playroom and should be able to continue the game.

Score: +1

212. Sebastijan,

My friend is unable to post twice, so just posting in order for a bug to be reported. Feel free to delete the post.

213. Nikola,

Hello,
I have encountered quite a big problem with switching of output devices.
I should specify that this happens when I use my AirPods, which are bluetooth headphones.

If I go to audio settings and try to switch the output device for anything, let's use streams as an example, I get several errors after pressing the option to switch device and continue on each, here are the errors in order:
wxWidgets Debug Alert dialog A debugging check in this application has failed.
../../src/common/menucmn.cpp(308): assert "wxIsStockID(GetId())" failed in SetItemLabel(): A non-stock menu item with an empty label?

../../src/common/stockitem.cpp(219): assert ""Assert failure"" failed in wxGetStockLabel(): invalid stock item ID

../../src/common/menucmn.cpp(308): assert "wxIsStockID(GetId())" failed in SetItemLabel(): A non-stock menu item with an empty label?

../../src/common/stockitem.cpp(219): assert ""Assert failure"" failed in wxGetStockLabel(): invalid stock item ID

After this, the menu opens, but here I get two output devices with no name at all, they are just empty menu items.
One of them switches the output correctly to my headphones, but here the problem is that the entire menu item name "Music/streams audio output :" gets replaced by a completely empty string.
The second empty item also switches to my headphones, but to the headset lower quality channel. The fact there are two devices here is normal, that's not a Playroom bug but a standard Windows behaviour.

I'm not sure why the Playroom is unable to get the ID of the device seemingly, because for example, in all other apps the device name is displayed correctly.
In case it's useful, the device name is supposed to be "Nikola’s AirPods Stereo", pasting here in case you realize right away it is some simbol that causes problems.

If any additional testing or information is required, let me know. As far as I have noticed the debug file doesn't say anything additional.

Thanks.

Last edited by Nikola, Jun 19 2021 02:10:09

214. Aminiel,

Does the device name also shows as empty in the debug.txt ?
Look for "available devices".

The name of your device seems to be ASCII only, so I don't see why it wouldn't be recognized. Maybe I would need to file a bug to BASS library, depending on your answer.

215. Nikola,

Hello,
well, it does seem to be recognized according to the debug:

"Found 5 available devices; default=1
Device 0=No sound
Device 1=Default
Device 2=Headset (Nikola’s AirPods Hands-Free AG Audio)
Device 3=Speakers / Headphones (Realtek Audio)
Device 4=Headphones (Nikola’s AirPods Stereo)"

However, above the available devices, the debug does say:
"BASS Error 23 (Invalid device specified)"

Not sure if that helps.
Also, I believe you also use Bass in V2, and there it works fine, I can switch to AirPods, although the client displays a question mark instead of apostrophy in the device name, but otherwise it works.
That apostrophy simbol is what I thought could be problematic, that's why I asked about the device name.

Anyway thank you for your quick response.

Last edited by Nikola, Jun 19 2021 04:54:33

216. LiteraryProgrammer,

Hello,
I propose to make the playroom portable in all regards. The beta post mentions that the playroom is portable i.e., it is to be extracted and run. However, it is not indeed true. For saving the username and password and whether program should auto login. Here, the application relies on registry.
I tested this in the following way. I installed the application in two different locations. At one location saved the login and set auto login. Then, I exited the program and opened from the other location. It did open.
I request to introduce another checkbox that allows to configure whether the program will be portable. You may place an encrypted file in the installed directory with system attribute, so the file is not visible to everybody.
This way, people can place the playroom in their pen drives and play it in on other machines.

Score: +0

217. breaker,

Hello. I found much big bug. İn 1000 miles, team setup is much harder. For example, peterpan and superman in 2 and 3, and I'm 1. But when I started the game, superman and peterpan is not in my team anymore. Game gived me different bot in my team.

218. Mrityunjay,

hello, i've lost all the sounds of qc. messing with the audio output and re-extracting the qc client didn't help. strangely enough, sounds work on speakers but not with headphones. the volume is set to 100% both on here and of the qc in the mixer. still nothing.

219. Jatayu,

Have you tried adjusting the output device in settings? Last I checked, you had an option to do this in options>sound. Not sure about the beta, though. Although it is quite paculiar that qc switched your output device randomly.

220. Mrityunjay,

thanks, the issue was solved. it showed volume 100 even though qc was muted. although it happened randomly like that is what's peculiar.

221. whozitken,

Hi ken here screen name whozitken. any word on when the version 3 will be final? also what if any new games are going to be on the playroom with the new version? I host a gaming chat on out of sight and on wednesday we are on the playroom. I also promote my event on out of sight radio that is connected to out-of-sight.net.

222. Nikola,

Hi,
usually the release dates are never given out.
This is to avoid the pressure of having to rush a release for a specific time.
Better have a fully stable release, than one that has bugs just because a certain date needs to be met.

223. Aminiel,

Hello,

Beta version has been updated!

224. Nikola,

Hello,
I would like to report that my audio device problem with AirPods is now fixed, there are no errors when switching devices. However...
this might not be a device specific problem. If anybody with multiple sound cards could test this, it would be very appreciated, because sound device switching basically seems to be very unstable for me.

The only one that works 100 percent of the time and is consistent are streams. If I switch streams from automatic to sound card 2, which is not the default device, everything works correctly and they play on the second sound card. Switching them back to the default sound card 1 also works perfectly.
However, for notifications and sounds, the situation is different.
Here, switching them from the default device to sound card 2 basically has no effect, all sounds still continue playing on the default device.
If, however I switch notifications to sound card 2, then restart the client, it works. However, switching them back to sound card 1 again just causes them to continue playing on sound card 2, so for sounds and notifications it seems to be necessary to restart the client each time you change the output device.

I think I have an idea of why this is the case. Here are the tests I performed and my idea.
I created a private free table. The sound for joining a table played, this is a notification sound and it played on the default device.
I wrote a chat message. The chat sound also played.
Now, I opened options and switched the output device for notifications from the default to the second sound card.
If I try the joining sound or the chat sound, they play still on the default - old device.
However, if I try a different notification sound, for example sending a private message, this one plays on the second device I have just switched to.
I think the problem here might be that the first time a sound is loaded and played, it for some reason remembers the output device, and even if it has been switched, old sounds which have already been played at least once continue playing on the old output device.
That would also explain why it always works for streams, since here it's a new sound to stream every time.

I hope this was a clear enough explanation, I would be ready to clarify or test anything else if needed.

I also clarify that in V2, this problem doesn't exist. There, an old sound plays on the default device, and when switching the output device, if you try to cause the same sound to be repeated, the output device is correctly switched.

Thanks.

225. LiteraryProgrammer,

Hello,
I requested to report auction duration in monopoly when checking active rules with the r key.
What's its status?

Score: -1

226. Aminiel,

Hello,

Beta has been updated !

Nikola, the problem with soundcard not correctly switching should now be fixed. Can you try again with 2.99.43 ? Thank you.

227. ajackpot,

I have found and reported the phenomenon that castling does not work in the positions below.
1. Ng1-f3. Pd7-d5
2. Pc2-c3. Pc7-c5
3. Pb2-b4. Pc5-c4
4. Pe2-e3. Nb8-c6
5. Pd2-d3. Pb7-b5
6. Pa2-a4. Bc8-g4
7. Nb1-d2. Pa7-a6
8. Pd3xc4. Pd5xc4
9. Pa4xb5. Pa6xb5
10. Bc1-b2. Pe7-e6
11. Ra1xa8. Qd8xa8
12. Ph2-h3. Bg4-h5
13. Qd1-c1. Bf8-d6
14. Bf1-e2. Bh5-g6
15. O-O. Ng8-f6
16. Qc1-d1.
black to move

228. Nikola,

Hi,
a little late since I wasn't home before and had to use the web client, but I confirm that in 2.99.43 sound card switching works perfectly and there are no longer any problems.
I can only see a minor issue, if you for example switch your output to sound card 2 and then while using the Playroom, you disconnect this sound card without switching back the output, the output will remain configured to this sound card 2 even though it no longer exists. This isn't that critical though, it's easy to just switch back or switch before disconnecting.

Thank you for the fix.

Last edited by Nikola, Jul 15 2021 18:08:21

229. Aminiel,

Hello,

For those who have GNU Go Error -9, can you look at the file debug.txt and post relevant parts here ? Thank you.

230. James_Ketchup ,

Hi, is this it? --mode gtp --never-resign' failed (error 193: %1 is not a valid Win32 application.)
Go engine execution failed: wxExecute returned 0

Going through this file is harder than it was nw for some reason. nvda only reads the words 1 letter at a time as I scroll up or down with the arrows. This was not the case the last time I opened the file. Should I also post the error for chess?

231. Nikola,

Hey James,
one of my friends had this exact same error.
We have discovered that it was due to the fact the GnuGo engine didn't download properly.
Try to delete the Gnugo folder inside your Playroom beta directory, restart the client, and create a go table again with a bot.
After starting the game, it should ask you to download the engine again.
Press yes, let it download fully and then try again.

For Aminiel, you should probably consider checking if the file is fully downloaded before the game starts.
This error can also be reproduced by downloading the engine, and then canceling the download before it is completed.
If you press the cancel button, the engine isn't fully downloaded, but the client doesn't know this and never prompts you to redownload, it just starts the game as if the engine now exists and throws this error.
The same applies for Stockfish.

232. James_Ketchup ,

For some strange reason, this never worked. I tried deleting and reinstalling the entire qcgc folder several times as well and nothing. I don't press anything while downloading and let it go fully. I didn't get any notifications from windows defender saying that anything was quarantined so I'm not sure. It's similar with chess. The only difference is that no error appears in chess. It's just silent and nothing happens.

233. Aminiel,

IN the playroom folder, can you find stockfish.exe and gnugo\gnugo.exe ? If yes, what are their sizes ?
Stockfish.exe should be 1141248 and gnugo.exe should be 8203238 bytes. If you have something different, then, something effectively went wrong in the download. In this case you could try to delete these files, and start a new game with a bot again ? If it still doesn't work, I'm interested in what's in your debug.txt, and maybe a copy of what has been really downloaded if the sizes are relatively small. I suspect one of:

1. Your Internet connection isn't very stable and the download fails for some reason
  2. the download is blocked by your anti-virus, your ISP, or I don't know what and maybe it contains in fact an error page or something like that.

Thank you.

Last edited by Aminiel, Jul 17 2021 00:32:38

234. James_Ketchup ,

I just checked. The sizes are exactly as you say. My internet is alright when it comes to downloading things offf the internet so I'm not sure. I also don't get any notifications from windows defender so I'm really not sure.

235. Aminiel,

What is your version of windows ? Are you in 32 or 64 bits ?
Do you get the same error messages if you try to directly press enter on stockfish.exe and gnugo.exe ?
Both should open an empty MS-DOS like window. You can exit them by typing "quit".

Normally, the windows version should't change anything, as both are 32 bit programs able to run also on 64 bit machines, and the engines are old enough to support windows vista and maybe even XP.

Are you running an anti-virus other than windows defender ? which one ? This is another possibility of being blocked.
I don't think it's windows defender, otherwise most people would have been affected, too.

Last edited by Aminiel, Jul 17 2021 09:06:09

236. James_Ketchup ,

The only antivirus I have running is windows defender whch I temporarily deactivated apart of the test.
Windows version: Windows 10 20H2 (64-bit) build 19042.1083

237. gfriha,

Hello, something happened with the results. here you have an history. You can't see the total points a player ends with and the table opens before ending the game.
The game starts.
+2 and +4 responses are allowed.
Straights are allowed.
Interceptions are allowed.
Super interceptions are allowed.
Bluf is allowed.
The score limit is fixed to 5 points.
Round #1. gfriha shuffles the cards and deals 7 to each player.
gfriha returns the first card of the pile and makes it visible on the table. It is a red 5.
It's James bond's turn.
Your cards are now sorted by ascending number.
James bond plays a wild draw four.
James bond wants blue.
It's your turn.
blue
You say: You're bluffing!
James bond is a bluffer!
James bond draws 6 cards.
You play a blue 9.
It's James bond's turn.
James bond plays a blue draw two.
It's your turn.
You draw 2 cards.
James bond says: interception!
James bond plays a green draw two.
It's your turn.
green draw two
You draw 2 cards.
You play a green 4.
It's James bond's turn.
You play a green 3.
It's James bond's turn.
James bond plays a green 8.
It's your turn.
green 8
You play a green 9.
It's James bond's turn.
James bond plays a green 4.
It's your turn.
ViquingoMoloon salió de la sala de juegos.
You draw a card.
You can't play.
It's James bond's turn.
green 4
James bond plays a green 1.
It's your turn.
ViquingoMoloon ha entrado en la sala de juegos.
green 1
You play a blue 1.
It's James bond's turn.
James bond plays a blue reverse.
It's James bond's turn.
It's James bond's turn.
James bond plays a blue skip.
Your turn is skipped.
Too late!
gfriha says: interception!
You play a red skip.
It's your turn.
James bond's turn is skipped.
You play a red reverse.
It's your turn.
red reverse
James bond has failed an interception and takes 3 penalty points.
You play a red 8.
It's James bond's turn.
gfriha says: interception!
It's your turn.
You play a red 8.
You draw a card.
You can't play.
It's James bond's turn.
James bond plays a blue 8.
It's your turn.
blue 8
You play a blue 7.
It's James bond's turn.
James bond plays a blue 6.
It's your turn.
You play a blue 5.
It's James bond's turn.
James bond draws a card.
James bond plays a yellow 5.
It's your turn.
yellow 5
You play a yellow 6.
It's James bond's turn.
gfriha says: uno!
James bond plays a yellow skip.
It's James bond's turn.
Your turn is skipped.
James bond says: uno!
It's James bond's turn.
James bond plays a yellow skip.
Your turn is skipped.
James bond draws a card.
James bond can't play.
It's your turn.
The table is now open for new players.
You play a yellow 0.
gfriha gets 0 points.
James bond gets 3 points.
Scores:

James bond has reached the score limit of 5 points and is now out of the game.
You are the winner!

Score: +2

238. Nikola,

Hello,
I don't know if anything was done about this Uno problem today, but in today's reboot the bug isn't fixed either.

Check out the example history with a very short limit just to demonstrate the problem:
Nikola says: interception!
You play a red 4.
Nikola gets 0 points.
Tarzan gets 13 points.
Scores:
Nikola: 0.

Tarzan has reached the score limit of 3 points and is now out of the game.
You are the winner!

However, as you can see, the score of Tarzan isn't displayed. This is mostly problematic for tournaments, but also in a case like this:
You play a blue 7.
Nikola gets 0 points.
Bioman gets 20 points.
Scores:

Nikola has reached the score limit of 3 points and is now out of the game.
Bioman has reached the score limit of 3 points and is now out of the game.

Here, when both players reach the limit, you don't know at all who has a better score.

Thanks.

239. gfriha,

There is also another bug with the order of the sentences, here, for example. But it does not appear always so I don't know why it happens.
1. What it says
Round #1. gfriha shuffles the cards and deals 7 to each player.
gfriha returns the first card of the pile and makes it visible on the table. It is a blue 9.
It's Sir duck's turn.
Your cards are now sorted by ascending number.
Sir duck plays a blue skip.
Your turn is skipped.
It's Sir duck's turn.
It's your turn.
Sir duck plays a blue 8.
You play a green 8.
It's Sir duck's turn.
Sir duck plays a green 4.
It's your turn.
It's Sir duck's turn.
You draw a card.
You can't play.
Sir duck draws a card.
Sir duck plays a wild draw four.
Sir duck wants yellow.
It's your turn.
You say: You're bluffing!
You draw 6 cards.
Sir duck is not bluffing... you must draw 2 more cards.

2. What it should say
It's Sir duck's turn.
Sir duck plays a blue 8.
It's your turn.
You play a green 8.
It's Sir duck's turn.
Sir duck plays a green 4.
It's your turn.
You draw a card.
You can't play.
It's Sir duck's turn.

Last edited by gfriha, Jul 24 2021 19:56:18

240. Aminiel,

Hello,

Problems at the end of the game including score display should now be fixed.

However, messages sometimes slightly out of order is kind of the price to pay for avoid entire locking. It shouldn't be too disturbing, though. Tell me if you still find problematic cases.

353 messages, 12 pages:  1; 6 78 9 10; 12 ↖ Go back to topic list

Answer to topic

You must be connected in order to be allowed to post

Lost password ? Create account